Whetstone is growing fast and always on the lookout for hard-working people who are passionate about schools and excited about working in tech. Think you would be a great addition to our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter that explains what you would bring to the table!
Sales & Marketing Operations Associate
We’re not going to lie - we love what we do. Whetstone is a New Orleans-based ed-tech startup making a serious impact in public education. Our cloud-based platform allows education leaders to capture, organize, analyze, and share classroom observation data in an intuitive interface, making it easy to identify teacher trends and take action to help teachers improve. We work with some of the most innovative school districts in the country (and a few overseas!) to accelerate teacher growth, because we know how much is at stake for kids and families. And we’re expanding. Fast. We doubled this year and are on track to do so again next year.
So what are we all about?
Making people’s lives easier: Not just for our clients, but for team members, too. Our motto is, “It’s really easy to be really nice.” If you’re on board with that, we’re on board with you.
Teamwork: A team is a group of people with a shared mission. Want to contribute your brainpower and hustle to helping us achieve our mission of improving teacher effectiveness and quality of worklife? Well, c’mon then!
Constant learning: We believe that everybody needs a coach. We’re committed to helping team members grow professionally to meet their career goals.
Celebrating our victories: Every Thursday afternoon you’ll find us gathering with La Croix to review our small victories for the week, and once a month we go to a neighborhood watering hole!
Work should be fun: No explanation necessary.
The Sales/Marketing Operations Associate is a newly created position on the Partnerships team. Are you a master of efficiency, organization, and team coordination? You will play a crucial role supporting the Director of Partnerships to streamline the sales processes, research new opportunities, manage marketing campaigns, and grow Whetstone’s impact. As we grow, we’ll discuss future opportunities to contribute to operations, sales, or marketing! The expected start date for this position is Monday, October 1.
- Manage CRM (Hubspot) and marketing data: manage lead lists, ensure data is up to date, manage custom fields, evaluate and implement new solutions
- Build and present reports to help leaders visualize data to make data-driven decisions
- Complete extensive market and opportunity research, filling and managing the sales pipeline to meet our ambitious goals
- Design and refine systems for coordination and collaboration with Whetstone’s Product, Operations, and Customer Success teams
- Create and maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and collateral
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in sales, marketing, or business operations preferred
- Excellent communicator and systems-oriented creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- The desire to work at a fast-growing start-up
Passionate about Schools: We are committed to improving K-12 education systems, and we want innovative minds helping us design the future of schools.
Fast Moving: We need people who are quick on their feet. We’re happiest when busy and excited to get you on board!
A Fierce Problem Solver: Do you tackle problems with both a 30,000-foot view and a planner to capture the details necessary to solve them? Then we want you at the table.
Whetstone is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In addition to sending a cover letter and resume, please respond to the following prompt: In the format of your choosing, make a data and research driven argument for why New Orleans is the best city to live in. Email your cover letter, resume, and completed work product to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales/Marketing Ops Associate.”