Whetstone is growing fast and always on the lookout for hard-working people who are passionate about schools and excited about working in tech. Think you would be a great addition to our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter that explains what you would bring to the table!
DIRECTOR OF SALES
Whetstone Education has developed a observation-feedback and educator development software platform that is used by over 4,000 teachers and 450 schools in the US.
General Position Overview:
The Sales Director will work directly with the CEO to build and execute a national sales strategy to increase Whetstone’s market share. The Sales Director will work toward predetermined revenue goals by developing and implementing direct marketing and direct sales campaigns, working to generate and convert leads through both inbound and outbound sales activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of and meet or exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Increase brand awareness of Whetstone to school and district leaders nationwide to support lead generation
- Cultivate new district and strategic partnerships with leading organization and education thought leaders
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of Whetstone through proposals and presentations
- Research and report on market landscapes and trends
- Research and report on competitive landscapes and trends
- Support the development of company infrastructure.
- Manage the CRM and Automation systems to support sales activities
- Both a growth mindset and a design-thinking mindset, as well as the belief that effective teaching and effective school leadership are critical levers in improving US education
- 5-8 years experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably in an education environment and/or technology company
- The desire to work at a small, but fast-growing start-up
- “Team-first” orientation
- Knowledge of business, management, and project management principles and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and work well under pressure
- Strong organization and time management skills
- College degree required
- Must be based in the New Orleans area
- Passionate about Schools: We are committed to improving K-12 education systems, and we want innovative minds helping us design the future of schools.
- Fast Moving: We need people who are quick on their feet. We’re happiest when busy and excited to get you on board!
- A Fierce Problem Solver: Do you have a growth mindset? Do you tackle problems with both a 30,000-foot view and a planner to capture the details necessary to solve them? Then we want you at the table.
So what are we all about? See for yourself!
- Making people’s lives easier: Not just for our clients, but for team members, too. Our motto is, “It’s really easy to be really nice.”
- Teamwork: We're looking for people who want to contribute brainpower and hustle to helping us achieve our mission of improving teacher effectiveness and quality of worklife.
- Constant learning: We believe that everybody needs a coach. We’re committed to helping team members grow professionally to meet their career goals.
- Celebrating our victories: Every Thursday afternoon you’ll find us gathering to review our small victories for the week.
- Work should be fun: No explanation necessary.
Whetstone offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Whetstone is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Sales.”